5 reasons for choosing AWS with DevOps
- August 12, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: AWS
Software development is a process that stimulates human mind in order to provide feasible solution. From a developer’s point of view, it is all about stringing a code which makes a problem simpler and easier.
However, wherever a solution is involved, the business objective does kick in. In our market environment, it is important to be updated and quick to survive. In order to flourish in this scenario, we need to find a way which combines the nuances of a technical developer and the good sense of a businessman.
Thankfully, there’s a framework which gives you the best of both worlds. Let us talk about it.
DEVOPS – WHERE OPERATIONS MEETS DEVELOPMENT
As suggested by the name itself, DevOps is an integration between software development and IT operation to provide better services to customer. It helps aligns the development process with operation so as to provide fast, accurate and customized deliverable to clients.
To break it down, DevOps is an amalgamation of practices, techniques and tools that enable an organization to –
– to deliver applications and services at a higher speed and velocity.
– to improve upon products quickly.
– And, thus, serve clients and customers’ in a better way.
HOW DOES A DEVOPS WORK FLOW LOOK LIKE
The basic goal and objective of DevOps is to bridge the gap between development and operation team. It helps counter the “us vs them” philosophy in order to improve customer service.
A general DevOps workflow has these following components-
– CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION: Making updated and ready-to-use code always available in a shared repository.
– CONTINUOUS DELIVERY: Frequent release of updates to the users in a sustainable manner.
– CONTINUOUS DEPLOYMENT: Releasing fully automated and validated codes to users frequently in short intervals.
– CONTINUOUS MONITORING AND FEEDBACK: To put a proper process in pipeline for receiving updates and feedback from the user.
BENEFITS OF DEVOPS:
A successful product delivery is always a team effort and DevOps ensure the same by enabling better team coordination.
There are many more benefits of adopting DevOps; lets discuss them one by one –
- DevOps help in improving ROI by reducing the time-to-Delivery by ensuring faster development cycles.
- DevOps also remove silos and establish better inter-departmental relations which promote team collaboration and integration.
- Continuous monitoring leads to early detection of errors and bugs which ensures a perfect delivery to clients.
- The principles of continuous deployment help in releasing software in short intervals of time which help in establishing a reliable reputation and better credibility..
- Automation ensures that your code is efficient and is of supreme quality.
In today’s fast changing world, software are not just a mere part of business – they are the vein of running business operation. From interacting with customers to smooth running of business functions, software are omnipresent and form the backbone of company.
In such a scenarios, it is important to have a better coordination amongst every single department of business and not to have a point of difference amongst the operation and development team.
DevOps ensure just that – a smooth collaboration between the business aspect and developmental logic.
WHAT IS AWS?
AWS stands for Amazon web services and provides an affordable, reliable and scalable cloud computing service. It is comprehensive, easy-to-use and extremely cost effective. It is offered by Amazon and has built a dependable reputation since its inception.
In the past decade, cloud services have taken over the world. Thanks to internet, it is considered safer to store your data on cloud than a limiting in-house storage service.
As per Gartner, by 2020, a corporate“No-Cloud” Policy will be as rare as a “No-Internet” Policy today.
There are three types of cloud computing services-
- IaaS – Abbreviation for Infrastructure as a service, it gives one complete control over the cloud – from maintenance to running an application.
- PaaS – Stands for platform as a service; it can be tailored as per the application need and does not require OS maintenance.
- SaaS – Software as a service where one can access a third-party application over internet and gets the benefit of automatic updates.
Amazon Web service is more of an IaaS and is trusted by over 1 million users.
With the help of AWS, you can do carry out the following functions –
- Run web servers and application server for hosting various websites.
- Store all your files and folders on the cloud with security.
- Utilizing managed databases like MySQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL for storing information.
- Use CDN or Content Delivery Network to deliver static and dynamic files.
BENEFITS OF AWS:
- EASY TO USE: It enables application provider, whether new or with an existing SaaS based application, to quickly and securely host their application with the help of AWS management console and well-documented web services APIs.
- FLEXIBILITY: AWS empowers its users to select and load only those services that their application requires. A user can select their operating system programming language, database etc.
- COST-EFFECTIVE: A user only has to pay for the resources they use without any long-term contracts or commitments.
- RELIABLE: AWS has been the lifeline of amazon.com’s large network. With AWS, a user can take advantage of a scalable and reliable service.
AWS is a wing of amazon.com – an organization known for its commitment and innovation. It provides a highly secure and cost effective cloud server to the users. Because of all the varied benefits it provides, it is liked by all – from small-scale enterprises to large organizations.
NOW, WHAT IS AWS WITH DEVOPS?
The link between AWS and DevOps start with the changing environment. With the increasing demand for faster deployment and upgrade in services, one needs a system that enables faster development cycle and a cloud-based service for quick deployment. AWS with DevOps provide exactly that.
AWS has services that lets its users practice DevOps with ease in your organization. They perform following tasks-
- Automating manual tasks.
- Helping teams manage complex environment.
- Ensuring easy scalability as per requirement.
- Keeping the team in loop regarding high velocity enabled by DevOps.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN AWS WITH DEVOPS ENGINEER?
AWS is a cloud platform which enables easy deployment. As a DevOp engineer, one is expected to be proficient in continuous deployment of a software.
Hence, the major responsibility of DevOps engineer in AWS is to ensure continuous and frequent release of software with major updates and without any error.
Some of the other responsibilities are –
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery system.
- Automating security controls, governance processes and compliance validation.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics and logging system.
- Implementing systems that are scalable and highly available.
SHOULD YOU CHOOSE DEVOPS WITH AWS AS YOUR CAREER PATH?
The beauty of our ever-growing software industry is that there are plenty of opportunities available for every skillset and field of work. However, changing times are demanding an adoption of methods that are agile, customer-centric and easily implementable.
DevOps with AWS combines the power of cloud with the flexibility and transition of DevOps. It has the potential to fuel immense growth in your career.
five reasons why you should be choosing an AWS with DevOps certification next –
- THE FUTURE IS CLOUD: As per research, Indian will witness over 1 million jobs in cloud computing. Oracle, Deloitte and Amazon have the most number of jobs open in cloud computing where a certification from AWS is most in demand. If this doesn’t convince you to take an AWS certification, then, we don’t know what will?
- BUSINESSES REQUIRE DEVOPS: Today’s market is all about agility and speed in upgrades, adaptation of change and servicing client’s demand. Companies like Netflix who thrive on providing clients’ with24/7 entertainment flourish because of adoption of DevOp. The ease of function that DevOps provide has increased its demand as a skill greatly. 60% of hiring managers are looking to fill DevOps engineer positions and 42% of companies want to add DevOps as a skill in their open source positions.
- EASY TO LEARN: DevOps with AWS require a logical mindset and immense presence of mind. With a basic knowledge of Linux and a scripting language, you can easily embark on a career with DevOps and AWS. This field has a huge scope for both learning and growth and with increasing demand, this is one skill you must acquire on your road to success.
- HIGH PAYING JOB: A survey was conducted in North America was conducted to understand the fruitfulness of AWS certification. The average salary of an AWS-certified IT professional is $129,868—ranking as one of the highest-paying certification categories in North America. As per glassdoor, the typical Amazon Devops Engineer salary is ₹1,114,148. Devops Engineer salaries at Amazon can range from ₹746,301 – ₹1,590,194.
- INCREASING DEMAND: DevOps engineer ranks #2 on Glassdoor’s 50 Best Jobs in America rankings. With increasing in adoption of AWS and more inclination towards DevOps, there’s only going to be rise in the number of jobs in this filed.
The future will be in the grasp of those who understand the importance of speed and faster client service.
AWS with DevOps combine the most important need of the hour – agility and cloud computing. It will help you add more value to your current position, help service your client better and fit in the changing business scenario better.
The right time to learn this I snow. There are many online training available for this certification. We urge you to check out our institute for a better insight on AWS and DevOps training.
Till the, have a cloud-y day.