What is RPA ? Why it will be Top Tech Trends of 2019
- January 23, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: RPA
What is RPA
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is an emerging technology of process automation based on Software Robots/Artificial Intelligence workers. RPA is the significant technological innovation of screen scraping. It is used for to automate repetitive tasks.
Robotic Process Automation delivers profits by enhancing the reliability across numerous industries and organizations. These software robots interpret, trigger, compare, acquire results, and communicate with other systems just like a human. They perform a vast range of repetitive tasks without tire and mistakes. These robots even integrate readily and are easy to maintain.
RPA Life Cycle (Manual vs Automation vs RPA)
Robotic Process Automation and Selenium Automation are different in many ways. Although some people may find it similar due to some of its features, in reality, there is a big difference.
- Selenium automation tool is developed specially to focus on testing web-based application and other GUI Tools.
- Although it seems similar to RPA it does not have the simplicity to automate the rules.
- It becomes more complex and more technical knowledge is needed to make it work for business
Must Read:- Top 10 Automation Testing tools
While RPA is easy to use the tool.
- It not only focuses on Web application but can also be used for desktop apps, Artificial Intelligence Apps, Virtual Machines, and another legacy system.
- RPA is faster as compared to Selenium automation and have a lot of features to automate any activities. Moreover, it does not require more technical knowledge.
- Additionally, it can automate the process with unstructured For instance, one can automate the process in PDF, image or any other document file. Therefore, RPA becomes the best choice for automation.
Why RPA Automation in market
There are multiple benefits for RPA
- Emulates Human Action: Emulates human execution of the repetitive process using various application and systems.
- Conduct high-volume repeated tasks: Robotics process automation can easily simulate rekeying of data from one system to another. It performs tasks like data entry, copying, and pasting.
- Perform Multiple Tasks: Operates multiple and complex tasks across multiple systems. This helps to process transactions, manipulate data and send reports.
- ‘Virtual’ system integration: This automation system can transfer data between disparate and legacy systems by connecting them at the user interface level instead of developing new data infrastructure.
- Automated report generation: Automates the extraction of data to comes up with accurate, effective and timely reports.
- Information validation and auditing: Resolves and cross-verify data between different systems to validate and check information to provide compliance and auditing outputs.
- Technical debt management: Helps to reduce technical debt by reducing the gap between systems, preventing the introduction of custom implementations.
- Product management: It helps to bridge the gap between IT systems and related product management platforms by automated updating of both systems.
- Quality Assurance: It can be beneficial to QA processes which cover regression testing and automating customer use case scenarios.
- Data migration: Allows automated data migration through systems which is not possible using traditional mediums, like document, spreadsheets or other source data files.
Must Read:- 5 Hottest skills most in Demand in 2019
How does RPA works
RPA robots are capable of mimicking many–if not most–human user actions. They log into applications, move files and folders, copy and paste data, fill in forms, extract structured and semi-structured data from documents, scrape browsers.
RPA is just a robot which automatically performs certain actions when needed. These tasks are assigned to it using various methods. Such methods include Programming, GUI, etc. Let us see all of these steps by step.
Programming: One way to setup RPA is by programming. All the commands and tasks are entered into the robot programmatically. This method is mostly used by Programmers or technical persons.
GUI: GUI stands for Graphical User Interface. As robotics technology is been increasing day by day so are the techniques and the vendors. Some of the vendors of RPA provides a GUI interface where one can easily set up the task to be performed. It costs more compared to typical programming setup but it is best for the people who want RPA but are not a technical person.
How is RPA different from other Enterprise Automation tools
There are multiple factors
- Fast benefit realization
- Minimal upfront investment
- No disruption to underlying systems
- Highly Scalable adapts to changing business environment
There are various RPA tools available to run and manage the bots. There are certain features which every tool must have. The features include
- It must Interactions of the bots through screen scraping / API integrations.
- Proper actions and decisions must be made by the bot.
- A proper administrative panel must be provided by the tool to monitor and manage the bot perfectly.
Some of the most famous tools are given below.
- UI Path
- Automation Anywhere
UiPath Studio is a complete software solution that enables you to automate your back office repetitive tasks. It converts tedious tasks into complete UI automation, thus, making your work easier and faster.
UiPath Workflow Designer comes with a visual way of setting up automation using flowcharts and diagrams. It allows you to create a Workflow that will help you model processes of your business operations. They are a great way to setup automation with little or no knowledge about programming.
UI Path provides a complete software platform for RPA. The open platform is fully scalable at any time and provides many built-in, customizable activates. The tools claim to provide more than 40% faster designs when compared to their competitors. They provide the best level of security as secure and trusted by 40 different government agencies.
Blue Prism software enables business operations to be agile and cost effective by automating, manual, rule-based, repetitive back-office processes and improving accuracy by developing a “Digital Workforce”. The Blue prism tool offers flow chart like designer with drag and drop feature to automate each step of the business processes.
Blue Prism is a back office revolution. The idea is simple, as the front end technology is developing then why the backend administrator panel still is complex and hard to figure.
This is where Blue Prism comes in. It is easy to configure and non-invasive. Also, when you are doing such a big task you should not forget about the security. Blue Prism is enterprise secured. It becomes easy to handle all the transactions with error-free transactions while using this multi-skilled software tool.
Automation Anywhere is one of the popular RPA vendors offering powerful & user-friendly RPA capabilities to automate any complex tasks. It is one of the “Revolutionary Technology” that changes the way the enterprise operates. This tool combines conventional RPA with intellectual elements like natural language understanding and reading any unstructured data.
Automation Anywhere allows organizations to automate the processes which are performed by the humans. It is a Web-Based Management System which uses a Control Room to run the Automated Tasks. Automation Anywhere tool can automate ends to end business operations for companies.
It is used to monitor the backend of your bots. With their advanced capabilities and the best technology, you can easily get started by Automation Anywhere RPA tool. You can create, Deploy and Monitor your bots across the enterprise. Along with this, it complies with all your security and audit requirement such as GDPR.
Applications of RPA
Sales: RPA can be very much useful for Supply Chain Management and Customer Resource Management.
Data extraction: Data entry and Data Extraction is the most boring thing a human can do. This is the reason, this whole procedure is replaced by bots.
Data management: Data can be easily managed by RPA. You can filter out the big data using automation.
Financial Services: All the financial services such as Banking, Insurance etc can be easily done by automation. It includes various service, KYC, and many other things can be implemented by the ease with RPA.
Healthcare: There are many healthcare things which are automated by using RPA. Using this technology it becomes easier to take reports and manage them.
Customer Service: HR service, guide, or any other service can now be replaced by RPA. Most of the queries can be solved by the use of automation.
How to Learn Robotic Process Automation ( RPA ) Faster
Gyansetu certified course on Robotic Process Automation is intended to start from basics and move gradually towards advancement, to eventually gain working command on Automation Anywhere, UI Path, Blue Prism.